Sunday, June 19, 2011

Ulta Haul

Hey everyone! I really need to start blogging more. Some days I'm just not feeling it, well maybe most days. When I get home from work I just want to veg out on my couch playing video games. Also...other bloggers I aspire to be like are just so amazing that I feel like I should give up because my blog will never be as popular or as informative. I also wish I had a better camera, ehhh one day! I guess in the mean time I will continue to do the best I can. Today I felt like I should go ahead and talk about a trip to Ulta I made. I absolutely love Ulta! They usually have pretty good deals.
Here's some of the things I got:
CoverGirl was on sale buy 2 get 1 free so I repurchased my CoverGirl NatureLuxe Silk Foundation in "Alabaster." I also got a CoverGirl pressed powder for setting my foundation in Translucent Fair. The most exciting purchase was the new CoverGirl Mascara called Lash Perfection. I think it's the best mascara I've tried in a looooong time. I am extremely pleased with it. After using my eyelash curler my eyelashes usually lose their curl because mascara can weigh them down, but not with this mascara. It makes them look soooo good. Not clumpy at all! I think I will do a review on it soon showing my lashes before and after and maybe going a little more in depth. I also got one of Maybelline's new "Fit Me" blushes in Light Pink. It's really not that good. The pigmentation is terrible. Oh well. Anyway, if you shop at Ulta a lot then you know about the Ulta Rewards program. I got a level 2 reward this time so I was able to pick out a free eyeshadow by the Ulta brand. It's a nice gold color called Gold Leaf, but I really have to pack the color on with a flat shader brush and even then the fall out is bad and the pigmentation is seriously lacking.
Finally, I got this hair powder from the brand Not Your Mother's called "Girl Powder Volumizing Hair Powder." I think hair powders are the new thing for achieving volume these days. It seriously adds massive amount of texture. I just sprinkle a little directly into my roots and rub it in. I don't really have to tease my hair at all anymore! I was thinking about doing a review on this and showing my hair before and after with the hair powder. I know Got2B has a hair powder out for volume now as well. I'm sure that many more brands will be following this hair powder trend. We'll see!

Anyway, upcoming blog posts will be product reviews, a few OOTDs, and a post I'm extra excited about - "Hiding and Treating Dark Under Eye Circles" yeh something I've been plagued with thanks to my awesome genes. Maybe it will help someone out there who has the same issue :)

No comments:

Post a Comment