Saturday, January 15, 2011

Dry Shampoo

There are many reasons why you should consider adding dry shampoo to your hair routine. For starters, if you're like me, washing and styling your hair can be very time consuming. Also, My hair is long so I use a lot of products and dry shampoo helps those products last longer because I'm not using them everyday. Another important reason to only wash your hair a couple of times a week is to cut back on heat damage. Of course this doesn't apply to you if you let your hair air dry and if you don't style it with heat. Personally I always blow dry my hair and either straighten it or curl it. Also, I have side bangs and I touch them a lot so they tend to get oily very easily. Dry shampoo instantly absorbs the oil and makes my hair look fresh. Some of the dry shampoo brands that I like are Pssst and Batiste. I've also tried Tresemme's Fresh Start dry shampoo and I absolutely hated it. When I would spray it in my hair it seemed to just make my hair damp feeling. It didn't absorb oil...but rather made my hair look even oilier. I prefer the powdery feeling dry shampoo. The down side to that though is if you have dark hair like me it can sometimes leave a white residue behind. I recommend massaging it into your scalp or combing it through really well to avoid the white powdery look.
Hope this was helpful! Let me know if you use dry shampoo and if so what's your favorite?

A lazy girl's hair must-haves

2 comments:

  1. i use this one: http://www.bumbleandbumble.com/product/spp.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CAT72&PRODUCT_ID=179 and i really like it. b/c i would have to agree, the white flakes suck so bad. i tried the tresemme one and it was terrible. i'll use it on the underneath of my hair sometimes, just b/c my hair gets sooooooooo oily. but after blowdrying/straightening my hair for 15 years everyday, i'm over it. and am embracing dry shampoo and dirty hair. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here...it's too much work to style my hair every single day. I'm always curious to try Bumble and Bumble products, but it's a bit pricey. Maybe someday! Thanks for the suggestion :)
    I also just bought this new dry shampoo that John Frieda came out. So yeh, I'm always looking to try different brands of dry shampoo

    ReplyDelete