Sunday, January 16, 2011

Rimmel Lash Accelerator

Hello again! I felt compelled to write a post about the Rimmel Lash Accelerator mascara. It's been available in stores now for a couple of months and after seeing Zooey Deschanel on the display I had to try it. Zooey Deschanel is a style icon to me. I pretty much want to be her....hahah. She's gorgeous. Rimmel did a smart thing by making her their spokesperson. CoverGirl is doing a similar thing by featuring Taylor Swift in their ads/displays. Man...their products will probably sell like crazy now. A lot of people love Taylor Swift.
New Rimmel display featuring Zooey
Another display with Zooey :)
Anyway, let's get on to the review. First off, the packaging is really nice. My favorite color is green so the neon green on top of the black really stood out to me. The brush is great because it has actual bristles...not the weird plastic-y applicators that I see so much of. I find that the natural bristles really grab my lashes better. On the Rimmel website they claim your lashes will "look up to 80% longer, but then after 30 days of continued use, they’ll appear up to 117% longer!" I will definitely agree with the first part of that claim! This mascara lengthens your lashes like crazy. As far as volume goes...not so much. However, it really grabs onto every little lash making them look fanned out and full. The formula was a little wet for my liking though, but after about a month of use it was less wet and I liked it a lot better. The next part of Rimmel's Lash Accelorator claim is that after 30 days your lashes are 117% longer. Well, me and boyfriend have a long standing joke with this because how can something be more than 100%? Isn't 100% complete? I guess they are trying to say if your lashes were completely as long as they could possibly be they will now be 17% longer than that...? I don't know!? But anyway, so after about 4 to 6 weeks of continued use I could tell me lashes were stronger. I noticed less lash loss and some of the smaller lashes towards my inner eye were growing in. I think it was most noticeable on the bottom lash line. I personally don't think it "grows" your lashes, but rather strengthens them...thus allowing them to grow. I would definitely purchase this mascara again, but I'm also curious to try the L'oreal Million Lashes mascara. If anyone has tried that let me know what you think of it!
Rimmel Lash Accelerator packaging
Rimmel Lash Accelerator mascara wand

No comments:

Post a Comment