Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Hair Routine Featuring Redken

Hey everyone! I'm an avid follower of the YouTube beauty community and I've always wanted to make YouTube videos, but in the mean time I will stick to this blog. A popular trend in the YouTube beauty community is the "Daily Hair Routine" video. This will be the same thing, but in blog form. So let's get started!
For starters, my hair type is a medium thickness, it's dry, colored, highlighted, long(ish) and naturally straight with some wave to it. 
First, I shampoo my hair using the Redken Color Extend shampoo.
Next, I condition my hair using the Redken All Soft conditioner. One of my best friends works at a Redken exclusive salon and I suppose that's why I have so many Redken products. Anyway, she told me that all of the Redken products are safe for colored hair so using the All Soft conditioner rather than just the Color Extend conditioner is fine and I prefer it because it makes my hair slightly softer.
Also, I will use a deep conditioner at least once a week. I love the Redken All Soft Heavy Cream and the Aussie 3 Minute Miracle is a Drug Store favorite.
As far as styling goes I always treat my ends. I am obsessed with Redken Anti-Snap. It is a miracle worker! It allows me to go way longer in between haircuts and that's important because I'm trying to grow my hair longer.
Then I will always use some type of cream or gel all over my hair. The Redken Blown Away 09 and the Redken Velvet Gelatine 07 are very similar because they are both blow dry gels. The difference arises in the number system Redken uses. The higher the number the more control/hold the product gives. I actually prefer the Blown Away 09 because it gives more control while the Velvet Gelatine simply makes my hair softer. As for the Redken Align 12, I think it's great to use if you want to blow dry your hair straight. I can use this and a round brush and not need to straighten my hair after blow drying. Then again, I have fairly straight hair to begin with, but cutting out a step in my hair routine (straightening) can help lessen the heat damage.
Ah and another favorite, Redken Guts! This stuff is awesome. I've been using this for a couple of years now and I think it's the best mousse ever. I use it only at my roots and then blow dry the roots of my hair with a round brush and it really helps with flyaways and gives so much volume. However, this is meant to be used when blow drying...it's not the mousse that you spray on and let air dry because it will get crunchy!
A good heat protector before straightening, curling, or even blow drying is the Redken Iron Silk. I also want to try the Tresemme Heat Tamer Spray. 
Last but not least, my go to hairspray is the John Frieda Luxurious Volume. You probably were expecting a Redken hairspray, but I go through hairspray way too fast to spend so much on a Redken hairspray when this John Frieda hairspray is only like $6 and works just as amazingly. It literally holds my styles in all day without making my hair crunchy feeling or stiff. It's also not sticky or wet like most hairsprays tend to be. Another plus is that it doesn't have an obnoxious smell or any noticeable scent at all. I don't want my hairspray competing with my perfume! 

So yeh, I hope you all got some ideas on how you might tweak your own hair routine. I used to use a lot of cheap products or not any products at all and in the past couple of years of using Redken products my hair has been the best it has ever been. I truly think it's worth investing in some nice hair products.
Let me know your opinions on Redken and maybe some alternative products! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment