Sunday, May 8, 2011

Maybelline One by One Review

I have been using the Maybelline One by One mascara for a couple of months now and I probably should have reviewed it a long time ago, but better late than never. I actually won this mascara as part of a prize pack thing from a YouTube banner creation contest hosted by MacBarbie07. Bethany (aka MacBarbie07) considers it to be one of her favorite mascaras at the moment. For me personally, I find that it is an okay everyday mascara. It doesn't add any volume or curl, but it does add length and definition. I prefer a mascara that gives a more fanned out and full lash look like Maybelline's Full and Soft. Another thing that really bothers me about this mascara is the rubber brush. I really try to avoid rubber mascara wands. Natural bristles tend to grab my lashes better. I also think this mascara flakes. I notice little black specks under my eyes throughout the day and I HATE flakey mascaras! The one plus about this mascara is the bright fun colored tub aaaand I will say it lengthens pretty well. Mascara reviews are very dependent on the individual because everyone's lashes are different...so if a defined and lengthened lash look is what you are after then try out this mascara. 
Overall, if I had to rate Maybelline's One by One mascara out of 5 (5 being the best) I would give it a 2.5. There are way better mascaras out there and also way worst mascaras so it's just average for me.
Maybelline's One by One Mascara - bright fun packaging
Rubber bristle mascara wand
Me with Maybelline's One by One mascara on
You can see that it creates long and defined lashes, but had to use my eye lash curler for the missing volume and curl.

No comments:

Post a Comment